You are viewing documentation for Kubernetes version: v1.19
Kubernetes v1.19 documentation is no longer actively maintained. The version you are currently viewing is a static snapshot. For up-to-date documentation, see the latest version.
This section of the Kubernetes documentation contains references.
API Client Libraries
To call the Kubernetes API from a programming language, you can use client libraries. Officially supported client libraries:
- Kubernetes Go client library
- Kubernetes Python client library
- Kubernetes Java client library
- kubectl - Main CLI tool for running commands and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- kubeadm - CLI tool to easily provision a secure Kubernetes cluster.
- kubelet - The primary node agent that runs on each node. The kubelet takes a set of PodSpecs and ensures that the described containers are running and healthy.
- kube-apiserver - REST API that validates and configures data for API objects such as pods, services, replication controllers.
- kube-controller-manager - Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes.
- kube-proxy - Can do simple TCP/UDP stream forwarding or round-robin TCP/UDP forwarding across a set of back-ends.
- kube-scheduler - Scheduler that manages availability, performance, and capacity.